We all have certain physical traits we’re instantly attracted to in other people. Sometimes it’s hair, sometimes it’s height, sometimes it’s eye color. But that can only take you so far. Some of the best parts of dating and falling in love are discovering those traits in people that you’re unexpectedly attracted to – the ones that have nothing to do with their looks. Oftentimes, it will even surprise you. Here are 50 characteristics you can be attracted to in people that have nothing to do with their physical appearance.
1. Their handwriting.
2. The way their personality can come through even in a text.
3. Their laugh.
4. When they remember things about you that you only mentioned once.
5. Their dancing, regardless of whether they’re good or bad at it.
6. Being confident without being arrogant.
7. When their laugh makes other people laugh.
8. The way they quote their favorite movies.
9. When they get worked up over something they’re passionate about.
10. Their voice.
11. When they treat their supposed “inferiors” the same way they treat their superiors.
12. An ability to admit when they’re wrong.
13. When you discover some of their secret, nerdy tendencies.
14. When they sing a song and they think no one is listening.
15. Being well-read.
16. If they can play an instrument (without being the guy that brings out his guitar at every. single. party.)
17. When they have a surprising amount of knowledge on a really random or obscure subject.
18. Their sense of humor.
19. A strong sense of curiosity.
20. When you see how they behave around their family.
21. Their unique scent.
22. Their ability to discuss a wide range of topics.
23. When they’re good with kids.
24. Their taste in music.
25. When they have the ability to be playful and goofy.
26. Their humility.
27. If they can speak a foreign language.
28. When they can tease you without being offensive.
29. Their intelligence.
30. When they’re not afraid to call you out if you’re being ridiculous or stubborn.
31. Their vulnerability.
32. When they laugh so hard that they tend to wet themselves, or have their drink come out of their nose.
33. The way they pronounce certain words.
34. When they have integrity about everything they do.
36. When they know how to take a joke.
38. Watching them watch their favorite tv show.
39. When they’re good at cooking. Or are at least trying to learn.
40. Their optimism.
41. Having good social skills – they know how to be friendly and hold a conversation without being obnoxious or ostentatious.
42. When they know what’s going on in the news.
43. When they can explain foreign concepts to you without being pretentious.
44. When they have an unexpected guilty pleasure (reality tv, cheesy romance novels, candy addictions, etc.)
45. An ability to speak the language of sarcasm.
46. When they know how to have fun and let loose, but also know their limits.
47. Fierce loyalty.
48. Motivation and drive.
49. If they help clean up when someone else prepares food for them.
This video… wow.
Aptly entitled “The Coolest Nature Video Ever [Edited By Roen Horn]” This is just a really cool look at nature and it’s less than 2 minutes. I found it fascinating. I hope you will too.
Your first thought as you look at this article will be, “I’ll read this later.”
But don’t. Let the urge to switch to a new task pass. Read this now.
It’ll take you two minutes. It’ll save you countless hours.
I’ve written the book on ending procrastination, but I’ve since come up with a very simple technique for beating everyone’s favorite nemesis. It is incredibly easy, but as with anything, it takes a little practice.
Try it now:
Identify the most important thing you have to do today.
Decide to do just the first little part of it — just the first minute, or even 30 seconds of it. Getting started is the only thing in the world that matters.
Clear away distractions. Turn everything off. Close all programs. There should just be you, and your task.
Sit there, and focus on getting started. Not doing the whole task, just starting.
Pay attention to your mind, as it starts to have urges to switch to another task. You will have urges to check email or Facebook or Twitter or your favorite website. You will want to play a game or make a call or do another task. Notice these urges.
But don’t move. Notice the urges, but sit still, and let them pass. Urges build up in intensity, then pass, like a wave. Let each one pass.
Notice also your mind trying to justify not doing the task. Also let these self-rationalizing thoughts pass.
Now just take one small action to get started. As tiny a step as possible.
I just stumbled across this… this man is incredible.
His name is Darcy Oake and he entered Britain’s Got Talent in 2014. His ‘slight of hand’ is unbelievable. I’m not usually a ‘magic trick’ lover… but this…is… amazing. This video, published in April 2014 has had 46,378,908 views (as of 13/3/2015).
I hope you were as amazed as me. ♥
“Not only can illusionist Darcy make doves appear out of nowhere, he also has an even bigger trick up his sleeve.
Simon thinks the Judges have uncovered a star — see if you agree.”
For today’s YTCofW I decided to go with something VDay themed. I don’t know if it’s just me but I am way more fascinated by the stories of love gone bad, than by the mushy ones. haha. So, if you are like me… you may enjoy these.
– no1. This one is brutal. A man gets down on one knee… in a busy food court to ask his gf Caroline to Marry him. Just watch… ouch. I feel for him.
– no2. is a prank gone wrong. A new couple go for a lunch on VDay. And the girlfriend has organised to prank her man. The waiter brings a ring to the table as if he had asked for it to be done. He doesn’t know what’s going on. She pretends like she is really shocked and thinks it’s waaaaay too soon. What he says next is priceless.
– no3. a man is looking for his first kiss. The women are all too keen to help the guy out, but when he asks the very large bouncer man for a kiss… he gets more than he bargained for.
– no4. if you haven’t had enough of the awkwardness. Here is a compilation of 5 proposal fails. ouch! PS: Caroline and the abomination that is the food court proposal features here too. Ouch AGAIN.
And another Saturday is upon us. Which means another YouTube clip of the week. This one has a special place in my heart, and because it was the legend’s birthday yesterday, I thought I would keep it all Marley today.
This is a clip I came across from the audition stages of ‘the voice of Holland’ season 4. His name is Mitchell Brunings. He is amazing.
Saturdays mean… another posting of My YouTube clip of the week. Now I’m a little behind in the X Factor UK world… I’m still catching up on season 11 (which has already ended with the amazing Ben taking the title). However… I can watch THIS performance over and over again. One of my favourite performers and performances of the season, I would like to introduce you to Ms. Lauren Platt.
Platt was the youngest solo contestant in the competition. With the eliminations of Stephanie Nala and Chloe Jasmine in week two and Lola Saunders in week four, Platt was Fernandez-Versini’s last remaining act in the competition. In week 8, Platt was in the bottom two with Stereo Kicks but was saved by the public vote after the result went to deadlock. However in week 9, she was in the bottom two with Andrea Faustini and was eliminated after only Fernandez-Versini voted to save her, finishing in fourth place and becoming the last of her acts to leave the competition.
This video, published in Oct 2014 has had over 1,870,000 views (when publishing this post). I think it is soulful and beautiful and age appropriate and just flipping kiff. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Follow Lauren on twitter here.
If you have a video you would like me to share with the listeners of Heart 104.9FM please email me the link: email@example.com